Posted: Feb 4, 2013 5:50 PM by Katy Harris KXLF News
BUTTE-The Leggat Hotel in Butte was evacuated when a fire ignited and sent one woman to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
911 dispatch received a call around 9-40 this morning regarding the smell of smoke on the 4th floor of the Leggat Apartment building.
When fire fighters arrived they found a fire on the 3rd floor of a south side apartment unit.
Heavy smoke set off the fire sprinkler system and the fire was contained to the unit.
Fire Marshal John Lasky says a woman in her 50's was reportedly smoking a cigarette while on oxygen.
It's believed that the oxygen tube ignited the fire, which spread to the couch.
The woman self evacuated herself, along with several other tenants.
She was treated and released from the hospital for minor injuries.