Posted: Apr 24, 2012 4:32 PM by KXLF Media Center with Jamie Leary reporting
Updated: Apr 26, 2012 3:47 PM
A garage as well as some other structures and several vehicles were destroyed in an afternoon fire in Butte.
The fire was reported in the 5100 block of Wynne Avenue after 3 p.m.
A fire marshal at the scene says the occupants were burning rubbish with a burn permit when the wind caused the fire to get out of control.
Garage and couple of other structures burned and several vehicles destroyed as well
This is a fire that should have never happened, Butte-Silver Bow Fire Chief Jeff Miller said.
He said the occupants thought the fire was out, but it wasn't. He added that they have seen a few similar cases where people don't follow the permit properly
Miller offered a few tips when burning - burn early in morning, pay attention to weather and know how to properly put out a fire, make sure it's out before you're done for the day.
No one was injured in the blaze.