Posted: Jul 31, 2013 4:44 PM
Updated: Jul 31, 2013 5:04 PM
Stage 1 fire restrictions will go into effect in Butte-Silver Bow and other southwest Montana counties at midnight.
Stage 1 restrictions prohibit:
- Smoking outside of buildings, vehicles and developed recreation sites, unless you are within a three-foot diameter area cleared of all burnable vegetation
- Campfires outside of approved recreation sites
Also, devices fueled by liquid petroleum of LPG fuels can only be used in areas that are barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials.
Land within city boundaries is exempt, except Missoula.
In addition to Butte-Silver Bow, other counties include:
- Granite County north of I-90
- Lake and Flathead counties within the Flathead Indian Reservation
- Mineral County
- Missoula County, including within city limits
- Powell County north of US Highway 12 east, excluding the Helena National Forest and Bob Marshall Wilderness Complex
- Ravalli County
- Sanders County south and east of Kootenai National Forest
Fireworks are banned in Ravalli, Missoula and Granite counties.