Posted: Apr 26, 2011 3:11 PM by KXLF Media Center with Laurel Staples reporting
Updated: Apr 26, 2011 3:12 PM
A male student could face expulsion and criminal charges after setting a fire in the boys' bathroom at Butte High School.
The Tuesday afternoon fire prompted an evacuation of the school that lasted about 10 minutes. Students were back inside the building by 2:45 p.m. Tuesday.
The fire started when a student reportedly stuffed toilet paper into a dispenser on the second floor boys' bathroom then ignited it with a lighter, according to Principal John Metz. It was extinguished by a teacher who doused with fire with a pan of water.
The bathroom sustained smoke damage. The damage was minimal and was mostly contained to the stall where the fire was started, Fire Marshal John Lasky said.
No one was injured.