Posted: May 6, 2013 12:32 PM by Art Taft - MTN News
GREAT FALLS - If you love to explore Montana State Parks and want to enhance your outdoor experiences, a new mobile app could be just the ticket.
The app - which is free - has the following features:
- Advanced GPS Maps, which allow users to access trail data, record tracks from hikes, runs, or bike rides, and view elapsed time and distance traveled.
- Easy-to-cache GPS Terrain Map tiles, which ensure that navigation remains possible in the event of lost mobile reception.
- Photo waypoint feature allowing users to snap a photo and mark and record the coordinates of plant life, animal species or landscape views. Post or share these remarkable finds with family and friends with the click of a button.
- Friend Finder feature that allows users to keep track of friends and family around the parks.
- Built-in compass to help direct users through the parks.
- Potentially life-saving Alert feature that supplies users GPS coordinates to designated contacts in case of an emergency.
- Pocket Ranger® technology also provides plenty of other standard features that make exploring the great outdoors a breeze, including:
- Thorough information on all State Parks including general policy, contact information, activities, trails, park maps and much more.
- Detailed, cacheable maps of park facilities, trails and campgrounds.
- Up-to-date news and information on park advisories and weather information.
- Sharing features that allow users to share current positions, waypoints and recorded tracks via Facebook, Twitter, or email.
- A Calendar of Events, updated in real time, listing all State Park events with the ability to filter by desired park. - Users can also create their own schedule that can include any event from any park.
- Access to online reservations that make it easy to secure overnight visits.
To get the free app, click here.
You can also search for "Pocket Ranger®" in either the App Store or Google Play.