Posted: Apr 18, 2013 10:11 PM by Tara Oster - MTN News
A Libby teenager was severely burned when a gas can exploded at his home on Wednesday evening.
The Lincoln County Sheriff's Office reports that the 17-year-old was doing yard cleanup near a small fire pit at his home on Farm to Market Roadwhen he accidentally got flames too close to a can of gasoline.
The gas can exploded and caused severe burns to the young man.
The Libby Volunteer Ambulance took him to St. John's Lutheran Hospital in Libby, and he was later flown to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
There's no word on his condition at this time.