Posted: Dec 9, 2012 6:19 PM by KXLF Media Center
Firefighters responded to the 1900 block of Wilson Avenue on a report of a garage fire, according to the Butte-Silver Bow Fire Department.
Smoke from the fire could be seen throughout Butte minutes after the call came in at 2:04p.m. Sunday. Fifteen firefighters worked together to put out the blaze. Officials said the fire started in a wood burning stove inside the garage.
Firefighters had the blaze contained within 20 minutes. There was no one harmed in the incident. The house that was standing feet away was not damaged.
The garage is a total loss, according to officials. They do not know how much monetary value the belongings amount to that were lost in the blaze.