Posted: Jan 24, 2013 8:41 AM by Tara Grimes
Updated: Jan 24, 2013 8:42 AM
GREAT FALLS - A house went up in flames near Carter on Wednesday afternoon, but fortunately nobody was injured.
Firefighters from Carter and Fort Benton were called to the house about four miles northwest of Carter at around 4 p.m. on Wednesday.
The assistant fire chief says when they arrived, the home was already engulfed in flames.
Twelve firefighters worked to protect a nearby barn and a gas tank behind the home.
No one was home at the time, and no firefighters were injured putting out the fire.
Firefighters believe the fire started from a wood stove, and are continuing their investigation.
The house has been deemed a total loss.
Thanks to viewer Aaron Triplet for sharing these photos.