Posted: Nov 21, 2012 3:00 PM
Updated: Nov 21, 2012 3:50 PM
BOZEMAN - The 32nd annual Christmas Stroll takes place in downtown Bozeman on Saturday, Dec. 1.
There will be hay wagon rides, pictures with Santa Claus, lighting of the downtown decorations, a carol sing and a lot of food and other activities.
The Christmas Stroll is a free community event that is supported by business sponsors and the sales of button souvenirs. You can support this great event by purchasing a $3 Stroll button, which is not only your ticket to enjoy many of the great activities including the Santa pictures at the Baxter Hotel, the hay wagon rides form Soroptimist Park and the Bozeman Public Library, kid's activities throughout the day at the Emerson Cultural Center and the Bozeman Public Library and more, it also allows us to put on this great event every year without requiring an entry fee to simply stroll Main Street!
Buttons are NOW available for purchase at the following locations::
• Owenhouse Ace Hardware
• First Security Bank
• Chalet Sports
• Schnee's Boots and Shoes
• Heeb's Grocery
• Smith's Supermarket
• The Emerson Cultural Center
• The Bozeman Public Library
• Leaf and Bean
• Montana Gift Corral
• Wild Joe's Coffee
• Bozeman Chamber of Commerce
• Country Bookshelf
• ERA Landmark/Downtown Visitor Center
• Rosauers (New location in 2011)
• Safeway (New location in 2011)
Also, when you purchase your Stroll button, fill out a ballot for a chance to win one of 18 great prizes including Bridger Bowl passes and more. The winners will be contacted the week following the event!
Below is a general schedule of Downtown Stroll events:
• *4:00 - 7:30 PM Hay Wagon rides from Soroptimist Park (corner of Main and Rouse) to the Bozeman Public Library and back. First ride at 4PM will leave from the Bozeman Public Library.
• 4:30 to 7:30 PM Wells Fargo (211 West Main Street) is displaying the 2012 Gingerbread House Contest entries and winners
• 4:30 PM Santa leaves the Emerson Center, meets the Hay Wagon at the intersection of Grand Avenue and Main Street, and leads the lighting ceremony down Main Street to Rouse Avenue
• 4:30 - 7:30 PM Main Street is filled with over 40 food vendors raising money for local non-profits organizations, live music and carolers and other festive activities.
• 4:30 -7:30 PM Downtown Businesses feature live music, free cocoa and cookies, and holiday fun of all sorts
• 4:30 - 7:30 PM Visit the live nativity and other "petting zoos" on the corner of Rouse and Main Street!
• *5:00 - 7:00 PM Make Ornaments with the Motion Athletics Blaze All-Stars while waiting for your picture with Santa (hosted Ted's Montana Grill).
• *5:00 - 7:30 PM Santa Pictures at the Baxter Hotel located at 105 West Main Street. Get one FREE picture through F-11 Photography.
• *5:00 - 7:30PM Bozeman's Symphonic Choir performs traditional Holiday Carols in the Baxter Ballroom.
• 5:00 - 7:30 PM Stop by the Bridger Bowl booth (located in the Baxter Hotel 105 West Main Street) to learn about their new and great plans for this year's ski season!
*Denotes activities that require a 2012 Stroll Button