Posted: Mar 26, 2013 8:39 PM by Mark Thorsell - MTN NEWS
MISSOULA - Firefighters made quick work of a fire that broke out in a four-plex at 700 Turner Street just after noon on Tuesday.
A passerby reported seeing the blaze, and fire officials say the first arriving crews saw flames coming out of a window of a bottom floor bedroom.
The fire was quickly put out and was contained to the bedroom, with fire officials adding that none of the surrounding apartments were damaged. The blaze did prompt officials to evacuate the building.
No injuries have been reported, with authorities saying that an unattended candle that was left burning sparked the fire.
- information from Irina Cates