Posted: Jul 9, 2013 3:02 PM by Katy Harris
Updated: Jul 10, 2013 10:12 AM
BUTTE - The Butte McDonald's was evacuated when it filled up with smoke this afternoon.
According to the Butte-Silver Bow Fire Department, there was an electric motor fire on the rooftop of the building just after noon. A heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit had a burned up motor that filled with smoke and routed it into the restaurant.
Everyone inside was evacuated.
There were smoke and high levels of carbon monoxide when the fire department arrived.
McDonald's was back in business as soon as the smoke was removed and carbon monoxide levels returned to normal.
A maintenance crew was called in to replace the faulty motor on the roof.